My 7 year old daughter is gifted and goes to a public elementary school. We have met with her teacher several times to see if she could give her more challenging work to keep her engaged and have gotten nowhere. We don’t want the same thing to happen next year. So my question is; do we have any rights to “special education” services since she is on an extreme end of the spectrum? Anyone have any advice on where to start researching our rights and how to deal with the school administration?
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- Homework: Why It Matters
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- School and the Internet: What You Should Know
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills