My little girl hit other kids who were teasing her in line for swimming. How should I talk to her about it? It seems silly to me, but they told her she likes spiderman, so she hit them. If she were a boy, someone would say 'boys will be boys' but because she is a girl, the teachers want me to address this issue. I have always told her not to hit, and we do not allow her to hit at home. How can I show her another approach to kids who are teasing, and what kind of disciplinary action would be appropriate?
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- Homework: Why It Matters
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills
- School and the Internet: What You Should Know