Can someone please tell me how to help my first grade grandson solve this first grade problem: Mia wants to buy some toy rings. She has 1 nickel and 1 penny. How many rings can she buy at 2 cents a ring? We know she can buy three rings, but how can the problem be solved without using division? Thanks so much for any assistanve given!
School Family Connection Newsletter
Get school tips, recipes, worksheets, and more
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- Homework: Why It Matters
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills
- School and the Internet: What You Should Know