My 11 year old son shows no interest in anything. My hubby and I both feel that a few extracurricular activities is important. He is in Scouting and that is the only thing. He loves music and sing so he was in choir for a while. He then quit saying he didn't like it. He's not athletic but does swim on a summer swim team. (he only goes because he can raid the concession stand at swim meets but otherwise would rather not bother). we simply cannot engage him in anything. We ask what he is interested in (besides Nintendo DS, computers, movies, all that sedentary stuff) and he cannot tell us. We try to expose him to many things but we are getting frustrated! Next year, we plan to homeschool and I believe the networking groups around our home have plenty of activities but we dread that because we would be 'making' him do stuff! We are just frustrated. the sad thing is that his little brother wants to do lots of stuff but he sees his big bro not wanting to do anything so he doesn't either. Any ideas on how to engage an 11 year old boy?
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- Homework: Why It Matters
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills
- School and the Internet: What You Should Know