My son is 6 years old, We started first grade young his birthday is on Sept. 1st. The majority of his classmates are older. He is having a hard time with his penmanship and reading. However he is very good at Math and very mature for his age. Last April he was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, towards the end of kindergarten, so this year was very difficult for the first 4 months. Do you think I should have him repeat 1st grade and be advanced next year, instead of being behind academilcally. I feel like we have been working more on his self esteem and health, than academics. What is yuor advise? He is reading at about 20 words pr.minute. His class is reading at about 50-90 words.
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- Homework: Why It Matters
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- 4th Grade Social Changes: What To Expect