My first grade daughter currently attends a charter school. It is a good school with high scores and is really hard to get into (300+ lottery/wait list). She is doing well here good grades, has friends, basically no problems. She is asking to switch to our neighborhood school. Her reasons seem very superficial to me; she wants to ride the bus, meet new friends, and go to the same school that her sister will go to. Her sister will go to the neighborhood school in 1 year. Her sister has special needs and the neighborhood school can address them better then the charter. My question is do I let her make this huge decision and let her switch schools even though she is doing so well where she is at? Also once we leave the charter school it would be practically impossible to get back in to it if she decides she hates the neighborhood school. I just don't know what to do.
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- Homework: Why It Matters
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- 4th Grade Social Changes: What To Expect