My son is extremely intelligent. He recently took a test where the highest score the teacher had ever seen was a 271, and he scored a 268; however, he is not motivated and consistently fails to turn in work or pay attention in class. I finally took a 'sink or swim' approach. Consequently, he failed two core classes for the 2nd semester. I will not let him gets his driver's license until he starts taking school seriously, but he doesn't seem to care. I am at a loss as to what my next step should be. Should I punish him, or should I allow him to pay the natural consequences for his choices and let that be enough? I would really apppreciate your input.
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- Homework: Why It Matters
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills
- School and the Internet: What You Should Know