My son just started kindergarten on 8/18/11. He was happy to go and did not cry when I left him. When my husband picked him up the second day of school, the teacher told him that my son did not want to join the rest of the kids for circle time, but wanted to stay at his desk. Then while doing an art project, my son kept saying 'I cant do it'. I saw that he did bring home some art work that he colored and also wrote his name, so I know he is capable of doing things, but he does try to use that 'I dont know' excuse when he is lazy. Is this normal behavior? he did not have the opportunity to go to preschool so I think he is just lacking the socializing skills and is nervous.
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- Homework: Why It Matters
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- 4th Grade Social Changes: What To Expect