I have been regretting the drop off routine I decided for my kindergartener's first day. My child goes to a before care in his school. We thought it was best to start his first day as would be his routine and dropped him off there first to start his day after pics at home and dad and brother also coming to school to see him to the door while I brought him in as a special thing. I also was there when he got off the bus after school. He was fine and happy to be at before care. I did all the pre school prep (meet the teacher, brought in his supplies, did the new family fun fair) and just missed that going to the classroom was maybe the 'way' to do it. The next morning, he asked why some parents stayed to the beginning and it didn't kick in to the next week what that meant. I did talk to his teacher who said he was fine on the first day and every day since doing quite well. I can't seem to let this go if anyone has any advice.
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills
- Homework: Why It Matters
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- 4th Grade Social Changes: What To Expect