My son just started kindergarten. His teacher has pointed out several things, such as that when asked to draw a picture of what he did on the weekend and then say what is happening in the picture he wont do it or struggles to draw something. He also wont speak up in class if he needs something or when the teacher asks a general question to everyone. I have been working with him on the drawing by having him draw me something that we did such as go bowling or eat ice cream, but he struggles and says he does not know how. How else can I help him on these issues and are they normal??
School Family Connection Newsletter
Get school tips, recipes, worksheets, and more
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- Homework: Why It Matters
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills
- School and the Internet: What You Should Know