My 5yr old son started kindergarten this year and has done great until the past month or less. Last week we received a letter from school saying he may not be recommended for 1st grade because he is having such a hard time staying focused on his work and often has to be told to finish his work. He also seems to daydreaming a lot. His behavior is never an issue but his teacher said if he goes to 1st grade there would be no one on one attention or anyone to prompt him to get to work if hes daydreaming. I don't understand why he has started doing this and I don't know how to help him focus and stay on task at school. I don't want him held back and his school also has a class called K+ which is between k and 1st grade but I really don't know anything about this or if it would be good for my son. What should I do to help him focus and is K+ a good idea for kids who aren't quite ready for 1st grade?
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills
- Homework: Why It Matters
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- 4th Grade Social Changes: What To Expect