My son just started kindergarten and i work evenings - coming home about 15min before bedtime. Despite talks, arguments, ect. my husband seems to always 'forget' to get homework done with him. I understand this is an issue but what am i to do? Also after explaining the sitution to the teacher i was (inappropriately, i believe) told that had i maybe not had my child so young and attended college (i'm 23, had him at 18) that maybe i would have a 'better' job and not have to work evenings! She is not even aware of what it is i do! To add, i do evening (end of day) data entry for a private company and am not in any way at a 'poverty' level. She went so far as to *insinuate* further dicipline (such as child services) if i do not/can not 'fix' this. He is excelling during the school day and while i understand homework is essential i don't believe i should be belittled and threatened over it not being done. What course of action should i take?
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- Homework: Why It Matters
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills
- 4th Grade Social Changes: What To Expect