Here’s a vocabulary game that kids love.
It’s fun to play at dinner time:
1. Let your child choose a word from the dictionary. Have him write the word and some details about it on a flash card. For example, its definition, part of speech, synonyms and antonyms.
2. On the front of the card, your child should draw a picture based on the word. If the word is “village,” for instance, he might draw lots of houses and people.
3. Give everyone a chance to look at the picture. Can they guess what the word is without seeing the back of the card?
4. Reveal the word and let everyone try to spell it. Use it in a sentence and think of antonyms and synonyms. Compare your ideas to the back of the card.
5. The next day, let someone else choose a word.
Copyright © Parent Institute