But they might not be if they pay attention to these typical signs that warn a child might not stay in school:
• Poor grades.
• Absenteeism from school or chronic tardiness.
• Behavior problems in and out of school.
• Not wanting to participate in school activities.
• “Hanging out” and doing nothing on a regular basis.
• No self-confidence.
• Repeating a grade in high school.
• Suspension or expulsion from school.
• Being labeled or tracked as a low-achiever in school.
• Use of drugs or alcohol.
• Talking about being bored or unhappy with school.
If your teen is showing these signs, call the school and discuss your concerns with teachers and other professionals who can help.
Copyright © Parent Institute