Before take off, airline pilots go through a checklist to make sure everything’s ready for a safe journey. Here are six checkpoints your teen can use to ensure success at school:
- At home. Before leaving the house, make sure you have everything you need for the day (backpack, supplies, books, lunch, homework, signed notes, assignment notebook, etc.).
- At the locker. Stop here first to see if you have everything you need for class.
- In class. Before leaving class, record all assignments. Ask questions and clarify directions. Check due dates.
- At the locker. Before going home, check your assignment sheet. Get everything you need to complete your homework.
- At home. Check your daily schedule. Then stick to it. Do homework at the same time every day, if possible.
- At home. Before going to bed, put your backpack, books, special projects, etc. in the same place every night, like by the front door. This makes it easier to leave for school in the morning.
Copyright © Parent Institute