They may be learning things you never did.
But you can help—even if you don’t know the subject or speak the language—as long as you ask the right questions.
Whenever your child is having trouble with homework, ask:
1. Do you understand what you are supposed to do?
2. Have you read the background material?
3. Do you have the directions? How can you get them?
4. Have you read the directions? Read over them aloud.
5. Do you have everything you need to complete the work (ruler, atlas, compass, textbook, colored pencils, etc.)?
6. Have you allowed enough time to complete the assignment?
Copyright © Parent Institute