work experience can help children mature, develop perspective . . . and do better in school.
Parents can help prepare students for work interviews by asking questions that many potential employers ask. These include:
• Why do you want to work for this company?
• What are your career goals and how will this position help you achieve these goals?
• What are your strong points (skills/strengths/abilities)?
• What are your weaknesses or limitations?
• How would you describe the way you work with others?
• Why should I hire you for this job rather than anyone else?
• What kind of salary are you looking for?
Copyright © Parent Institute