And they can help with all kinds of activities. Here’s one fun project called Funny Fish:
- Get out permanent markers and a Styrofoam tray, such as the kind used with takeout food.
- Have your child draw and color several fish with the markers.
- Cut out the fish and punch a hole in the bottom of each one.
- Tie a piece of thread through the hole.
- At the bottom of each thread, tie a small rock or seashell.
- Put the fish in a fishbowl lined with sand. The rocks or shells will hold them down as you slowly fill the bowl with water.
- Watch your fish float in their new home!
Here are several other quick and easy ideas you can use with your child:
- Decorate inexpensive canvas sneakers with fabric markers.
- Draw with washable markers, then spray with water.
- Draw with a white crayon on white paper. Then color with washable markers.
- Make a black-and-white copy of a photograph and let your child color it in.
- Drip rubber cement onto paper. Draw over it with markers. Then remove the cement.
- Use washable markers to make dots on paper. Then connect them with a wet paintbrush.
Copyright © Parent Institute