Here are ten ways to show love for your child:
- Promote a healthy lifestyle at home for everyone. Eat right, exercise, and avoid dangerous substances, such as drugs and cigarettes.
- Read to your child. All children—even babies—benefit from hearing stories.
- Schedule a checkup for your child. Make sure her immunizations and health records are up-to-date.
- Make your home safe for your child. The more exploring she can do, the better.
- Check your car seat to be sure it’s properly installed. Teach your child to always wear her seat belt.
- Visit your child’s school if she is in day care. Learn more about the school and its staff.
- Be positive. Give your child compliments and praise when deserved.
- Get your child on a predictable schedule. Consistency is comforting to kids.
- Set a good example. Your child learns from everything you do and say.
- Spend lots of time together. And say “I love you” every day!
Copyright © Parent Institute