Here are some great ways parents can remind their children how special they really are:
- Take out your child’s baby book and look through it with him. Read him your entries and tell him stories about himself.
- Send your child something in the mail. You can make a funny card or buy one designed for children.
- Take your child out for a special one-on-one meal. Let him know how much you enjoy his company.
- Make your child’s hobbies a family affair. For example, if he loves soccor, take the whole family to a game.
- Let your child carry her own wallet or purse. Many stores sell small children’s wallets and purses. It can contain her library card, family photos and other items.
Copyright © Parent Institute