Sometimes it’s hard to think of activities that encourage kids to cooperate. Here are some ideas that help kids play together:
• Have three children plant a garden. One can dig holes, another can plant seeds and the third can water.
• Have two children play a matching game. Give each child the same objects, such as a block, a ball and a stuffed toy. Have them match each other’s items.
• Have three children build a sand castle. One can fill the bucket. The second can carry it. And the third can dump it out.
• Have two children play with a toy. Give each child several pieces to a jigsaw puzzle or add-on game like Mr. Potato Head.
• Have several children act out a story with many parts. For example, Goldilocks and The Three Bears or The Three Little Pigs.
Copyright © Parent Institute