Find out together what happens when you:
• Dip a piece of tissue paper in water. When it dries, is it the same?
• Put a spoon in water. Does it absorb the water? Retain its shape?
• Mix a teaspoon of flour in water. See how they both change!
• Pour water into cooking oil. It doesn’t mix!
• Soak a sponge in water. Where did the water go?
• Put a plastic cup of water in the freezer. Does the water take a different shape and texture?
• Put a glass of water in a sunny spot. What happens to the water level after a couple of days?
Together, talk about why you think water reacts in such ways. What other experiments can you perform with water?
Copyright © Parent Institute