Make this lesson fun. Many items you might have tossed out can be “recycled” into wonderful toys for your child.
Here are some ideas:
- Boxes can turn into houses, forts, doll houses, trains and a thousand other things.
- Old buttons, lace, rickrack, and scraps of material can be sewn onto old socks to make sock puppets.
- Milk cartons, cut in two, can be blocks or photo cubes.
- Plastic bottles, containers, and shaving cream caps are fun to use in water play.
- Scraps of gift wrap are great for making collages and decorating homemade picture frames.
- Paper lunch sacks, if not soiled, can turn into hand puppets.
Copyright © Parent Institute