This bedtime routine shared by Boise, Idaho, reader Lucinda Carstensen is sure to jump-start your child’s school day:
1. Set a regular bedtime.
2. Start bath time a least an hour before bedtime. This will give your child time to wind down from her hectic day.
3. Tell your child how much time she has to bathe or shower. Assist as needed.
4. Have your child complete after-bath chores. These might include hanging up her towel, straightening any clutter in her bedroom, choosing and laying out clothes to wear to school in the morning, organizing her backpack, and setting it near the front door.
5. Allow for 15 minutes of quiet time. Cuddle up and read with your child.
6. Give your child a hug and tuck her in. Don’t forget to say, “I love you.”
Copyright © Parent Institute