Asking them questions like these at homework time can help your child understand how he is learning:
• What do you need to know to do this work?
• What do you already know about it?
• How do you feel when you are actually doing the work?
• Does it get easier?
• Which aspects of the work do you feel you do really well?
• What’s the hardest aspect of the work for you to do?
• What could you do to improve in those difficult areas?
• What have you learned?
• What questions could you ask in order to learn more?
Listen closely to your child’s answers. You’ll discover where your child excels . . . and where he might need extra help.
Copyright © Parent Institute