Learning how to work on projects is a skill that most students have to learn.
Here are some ideas for helping your child with a project:
• Start right away. The minute your child learns about a long-term project, have her get started.
• Help your child break it down into smaller parts. Some kids panic when they think about the whole project. Tell your child to focus on one part at time.
• Set up a space for the project. Have a box or shelf where your child keeps everything.
• Help your child find time to work on the project each day. If she misses one day, don’t let another one go by. Gradual, steady progress is the idea.
• Encourage your child to talk about the project with friends and family.
• Teach your child that time spent planning will save time in the long run.
Copyright © Parent Institute