When she knows school is important to you, it becomes important to her, also.
Your child will know school is a top priority the more you do these things:
l. Meet and talk with your child’s teachers—even when there’s no problem.
2. Talk with your child about school.
3. Tell your child why you value education and that you also expect it to be important to him.
4. Monitor school work.
5. Attend school events, and invite neighbors to come along.
6. Post school work on the refrigerator for all to see.
7. Ensure your child has needed school supplies.
8. Volunteer at school.
Copyright © Parent Institute