But given recent studies revealing children’s unhealthy habits, a good place to celebrate the day might be at home:
• Eat breakfast together and spend a few minutes talking with your child. Talk about what she plans to do that day and how it relates to exercise, stress and eating right.
• Kick a ball, play catch or talk to your child about sports and exercise.
• Plan a nutritious family meal. Go to the grocery store and show the kids how to find and read nutritional information.
• Get everyone involved in preparing the meal.
• Go to a doctor or clinic for a health check-up and get any overdue vaccinations.
• Write a health contract, stating what you and your child will do to lead healthier lives.
Copyright © Parent Institute