Watching TV robs kids of physical activity, reading time and active learning experiences.
Another problem with too much TV viewing is that it exposes children to violence, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics. Here are some tips to limit summer television viewing:
• Set limits on the use of TV. Be consistent in enforcing them.
• Limit your child’s daily viewing to a specific amount of time.
• Develop a weekly viewing schedule and stick to it.
• Monitor the amount of time your child spends watching TV.
• Plan other activities—games, trips to the library, family outings—to take the place of TV.
Copyright © Parent Institute