But it affects kids, too, and can interfere with learning.
In his book, I Hate School! Some Commonsense Answers for Parents Who Wonder Why, Jim Grant says that children suffering from stress:
- Cry easily and frequently
- Tire quickly, especially after lunch; need naps after school
- Need constant reassurance and praise
- Become withdrawn and shy
- Develop a nervous tic like coughing, chewing a finger, fidgeting with hair, rapidly blinking eyes
- Suck on fingers
- Lie or stretch the truth
- Revert to soiling their clothes
- Make constant body move-mentsêrocking back and forth, kicking one leg, tapping a finger
If your child shows several of these symptoms, you should talk with a teacher or counselor.
Copyright © Parent Institute