By talking with the teacher, you can find out more about your child’s strengths and weaknesses.
Many schools schedule year-end conferences. If yours doesn’t, call the teacher and see if you can arrange a time to meet. Here are some questions you should ask:
• Has my child made the progress you expected this year? Can you show me how much my child has learned?
• Are there things that seem to keep my child from making progress in school? What can the school do to help my child overcome these problems? What can I do?
• How does my child learn best? Are there school programs that could help my child be more successful in school?
• What are my child’s strengths? Weaknesses? How can we work together to build on strengths . . . and overcome weaknesses?
• What can I do over the summer to help my child get ready for next year?
Copyright © Parent Institute