Here are some signs your child may need to have a vision test. Your child may:
• Squint at either close or distant targets
• Complain about headaches
• Tell you that print seems to “blur” after a short period of time
• Often leave words out when reading
• Skip or re-read lines regularly
• Use a finger to keep her place when reading
• Rub his eyes when reading or writing
• Blink often while writing or reading—but not at other times
• Write with a ragged left margin (older children)
• Complain of double vision.
Your child may avoid reading and writing as much as possible. If you notice these signals, have your child’s eyes tested.
Copyright © Parent Institute