Contact your child’s teacher. Tell her what concerns you. Does your child refuse to do assignments? Is he not able to finish them? Are instructions unclear? You can also explain that you don’t understand what the problem is. Ask the teacher if she has some ideas.
Then work together on a plan to solve or lessen the problem. Perhaps your child needs:
• Extra help from a teacher or tutor to catch up.
• A schedule to make up missed assignments.
• Adjustments in assignments to compensate for a learning disability.
• To pay more attention in class when assignments are being made.
• Extra assignments to provide more challenge.
• Language instruction if English is a second language for your child.
• More variety in assignments. Or assignments that better match his learning style.
Copyright © Parent Institute