But that doesn’t mean you should be planning her every move.
Once homework and chores are finished, your teen should be able to pick her own healthy activities. But you can give her some suggestions:
- Read for pleasure. Teen or fashion magazines and teen fiction count as reading!
- Write. Send a letter to a friend or relative who lives out of town. Or keep a journal.
- Get some exercise. Walking, bike-riding and swimming are all good choices.
- Use your time wisely. Limit time on the phone, at the computer or in front of the TV.
- Volunteer. Help at an animal shelter, library or nursing home.
- Develop a hobby. Draw or paint, start a collection, or learn to play a musical instrument.
Copyright © Parent Institute