After the novelty of being out of school wears off, they get bored quickly.
Here are some ideas for things teens can do with a friend. Some are helpful, some are only for fun, and a few are just plain silly.
- Wash the car.
- Do housework or yardwork for an elderly or disabled person.
- Enter a sports event for charity.
- Have a "celebrate the sun" day. Get up early and watch it rise. Go out for breakfast. That evening, go to the top of a tall building. Watch the sun set.
- Try a new water sport, such as rafting.
- Pick an amusement park, carnival or festival you have never been to. Spend the day.
- Be a little kid again. Turn on the sprinklers and jump!
- See who can make the biggest, longest-lasting soap bubbles.
- Play in a sandbox.
Copyright © Parent Institute