However, the time spent doing their homework often cuts into the time they would like to be sleeping.
Many students report that falling asleep while studying is one of their biggest problems. Here are some tips you can give teens to help them fight off the urge to doze:
• Make sure to get enough sleep at night.
• Don’t get too much sleep. Too much can make you as groggy as too little.
• Break up your studying. You will be more effective and less likely to fall asleep.
• Don’t study in an area that is too comfortable—it might be too easy to doze off.
• Exercise regularly. Active teens sleep better at night and have more energy during the day.
Copyright © Parent Institute