Final exams are coming up. Here are some tips on how to study for a final math exam:
- Get organized. At least 10 days before the final exam, your teen needs to gather information from the entire year. She’ll need copies of all her class notes and homework. She should also get copies of her tests. (She needs correct answers for any problems she missed.)
- Figure out problem areas. Have your teen look through exams. Is there an area that gives her trouble? What questions does she usually seem to miss?
- For several days, your teen should concentrate on those problem areas. She may need to rework the homework in those areas. She might ask the teacher to explain something again. She may also make flash cards for these problem areas.
- Now have your teen review the entire class. Review the notes she took in class. Copy exam questions (without answers) onto another sheet of paper. Then retake the exams.
- If she misses any questions, she should spend extra time reviewing those areas. She may make more flash cards for these areas.
- The night before the test, she should look through her flash cards. On the day of the test, she can be confident she is ready.
Copyright © Parent Institute