Even pilots who have flown thousands of flights still go through their checklist every time they fly.
Teens can develop their own checklists to make sure they have what they need to succeed in school. Here are some samples:
• In the morning. What do you need for school? Book bag, homework, lunch, assignment notebook, gym shoes, a signed note.
• Before class. What do you need for your first class? Textbook, homework, pencil, paper.
• In class. What is your assignment for tomorrow? Do you understand it? If not, ask questions before leaving. Are there any long-term projects? When are they due?
• Before leaving school. Check your assignment sheet. What books do you need to do your homework for tomorrow?
• At home. What are your most important projects? What is your study schedule?
• Before bed. Collect everything you need for school tomorrow. This will make it easier to get out the door in the morning.
Copyright © Parent Institute