Here are some tips you can give your teen for keeping class notebooks up to date:
• Put the class syllabus in front. Most teachers hand out a sheet that tells students what they’ll be learning throughout the year.
• Use dividers. Some teens start a new notebook section with every unit. Others begin with each new marking period. Keeping papers in smaller sections makes it easier to find the right one.
• Keep all class handouts. Buy your teen a three-hole punch. As the teacher gives out worksheets, they can go right into the notebook.
• Have a pocket for homework. Each notebook should have a place where your teen puts that day’s homework for easy access.
• Keep old quizzes and tests. The best way to predict what a teacher may ask on a test is by looking at what she has asked in the past.
Copyright © Parent Institute