There are many options available to middle school students.
Here are some possibilities:
- Going to a camp or day camp, or being a counselor’s helper at a camp.
- Volunteering to do yard work at a local community center or house of worship.
- Planning fun things to do nearby, such as swimming.
- Helping to plan any trips your family will be taking.
- Putting together a summer reading list, and planning trips to the library. How often will she need to go there? How will she get there?
- Working on a project she’s been talking about, such as painting a wall, or compiling a scrapbook.
- Being a mother’s helper, or helping an elderly neighbor.
- Learning a new skill, such as photography or cooking, and looking into classes to help her learn.
Copyright © Parent Institute