Do you support service-
learning at your child’s school? Research shows that service-learning:
• Gives students a sense of
• Teaches children to get along better with others.
• Reduces risky behaviors such as trying drugs and alcohol.
• Helps students form bonds with adults.
• Helps students appreciate cultural differences.
• Makes students aware of needs in their communities.
• Helps students understand how their government works.
• Makes students believe they make the world a better place.
• Is linked with higher grades and better study habits.
• Is linked with higher school attendance.
Copyright © Parent Institute