But having and following a schedule is the best way to ensure homework gets done . . . and done well.
It’s best if your middle schooler makes his own schedule. He’ll be more likely to go by it—if you don’t impose it on him.
You can help by suggesting he keep these points in mind:
• Shape the schedule around extracurricular activities, but keep homework a priority.
• Be realistic about the amount of time scheduled.
• Select times of study when he’s most alert.
• Schedule the same minimum length of study time every night.
• Plan so there are no interruptions, like the TV or telephone.
Copyright © Parent Institute