They don’t automatically have the urge to achieve. Children become achievers.
You can encourage them to work hard and set goals. But making children obey and conform won’t make them achievers.
Forced habits don’t strongly motivate people to do a good job and strive to reach for the stars.
What does motivate them? Children are motivated to achieve when their parents:
1. Enjoy them.
2. Love them.
3. Encourage them.
4. Spend time with them.
5. Praise their good jobs.
6. Give them freedom to experiment.
7. Show patience with their mistakes.
8. Set essential limits that will provide safety.
9. Establish routines needed for living with others.
10. Convey high expectations for them.
Copyright © Parent Institute