It will teach your child responsibility and valuable life skills. Here’s how to make learning fun:
- Give your child leeway. Let him go through cookbooks and pick out an interesting recipe.
- Don’t be a stickler about time. If your child wants to serve breakfast for dinner, let him!
- Encourage your child to create his own “restaurant.” Give it a name. Fancy it up with place mats, centerpieces and assorted props.
- Ham it up. For example, your middle schooler could draw a pencil mustache on his face and speak in a French accent.
- Offer your help when needed. Gradually give him practice in browning meat and peeling potatoes. And of course, teach how to clean up.
Copyright © Parent Institute