Internet Safety Article Archive
How to keep your children safe from cyberbullying and computer viruses, and how to use social media wisely. Also check out our additional resources on Internet safety—downloadable tools, how to limit screen time, and more.
- Internet Safety QuizThe Internet is an invaluable tool for learning, but it’s not without risks. As parents, it’s up to us to teach our children how to avoid the pitfalls of cyberspace while mining its riches. Find out how well-prepared you are to do just that.
- What Kids Do OnlineHow do your children use the Internet? Here’s what you should know about six common activities kids do online.
- Talk With Your Child About the InternetExpert advice from Marian Merritt on teaching your child to be safe online and keeping the conversation going.
- Internet Safety Week: 10 Ways To Celebrate With Your ChildInternet Safety Week kicks off April 27, 2009—and it’s a great excuse to pull up a couple of chairs and spend some quality screen time with your child.
- What Is Your School’s Internet Policy?Nine key question to ask your child’s teacher.
- Tips for Preventing Online BullyingOnline “cyberbullying” can be as cruel as anything that happens on the playground—and harder to defeat.
- 8 Steps to Peace of Mind OnlineMake sure your kids use the Internet safely and wisely.
- Presentations on Online Safety Resources to help you arrange a school presentation for parents about how to keep kids safe online.
- Facebook and Social Networking: What Parents Should KnowSocial networking sites like Facebook keep growing in popularity, especially among teens. But they can also be used for online bullying. Here are 10 tips to get parents up to speed and help them be aware of their teen's social networking activity.
- Internet Safety Tips for ParentsKids need to use the Internet; these tips will help you keep them safe.
- School and the Internet: What You Should KnowHow students are using the Internet at school, and precautions you should take at home.