Learning Problems Article Archive
Learn the symptoms of various learning disabilities and how to help your special needs child. Find even more information in learning problems.
- A Twice-Exceptional StoryA mother recounts, in her own words, the rewards and challenges of raising a son who is both gifted and learning disabled.
- Supporting Children With Special-Needs SiblingsChildren who have siblings with special needs often have conflicted feelings toward the sibling and confusion about their role in the family. Here are ways to help those children express themselves and get the attention they crave.
- Adolescent Sleep and the Effect of Sleep DeprivationIs your teen slow to rise each morning and perpetually exhausted? It turns out there are biological reasons why. Follow these tips from national sleep study experts to help your child get the necessary rest.
- Is It an Auditory Processing Disorder?Does your child struggle to block out background noise, follow conversations, or pronounce words correctly? He may have an auditory processing disorder.
- The IEP Process at SchoolParents play an important role in making sure their children get the right special education services. These tips can help you advocate for your child throughout the IEP process.
- Getting Help for Children With DyslexiaCould your child have difficulty learning to read because of dyslexia? Here’s how to get your child tested and what you should do after you get the results.
- Help Your Autistic Child Succeed in SchoolHow to work with the school to improve education and school life for your autistic child.
- Address Learning Challenges EarlyPotential learning problems don’t have to hold back your child. If you’re worried, speak up early to enlist help from teachers and support staff.
- What Is an IEP?Explanation of the individualized education program for students with special learning needs.
- Helping ADHD Students Get Organized for SchoolFor children with ADHD, the ability to organize, prioritize, and manage time is impaired by neurological deficiencies that make it hard for them to stay on top of school assignments. Find out how to help ADHD students master organization at home and at school.
- A Homework System for ADHD StudentsConsistent routines provide the homework help children with ADHD and learning disabilities need.
- ADHD and School: Tips for ParentsDoes your child have trouble focusing in class? Here’s how to find out whether your child has ADHD, and how to work with the school if he does.
- ADHD: One Family's StoryA mom recounts her family’s experiences with ADHD, from her child’s first struggles in school and diagnosis to adjusting his routine at home and school.
- Here’s How to Help Your ADD Teen Succeed in SchoolTips to help your teen with ADHD stay organized.
- Helping Children With Attention Deficit Disorders (ADD and ADHD)Signs of ADHD and how to get your child assessed.
- Address Attention Span ProblemsHelp your children stay focused as they do their homework.
- Help Your ADHD Teen With Routine, Behavior, SchoolHow to get your ADHD teen on schedule, behaving well, and succeeding in school.
- Make Effort To Work With Your ADHD Child’s TeacherHow to help teachers understand your ADHD child.
- Help Gifted Children With ADD/ADHD Succeed in SchoolTips on how to help gifted children with ADHD do well in school.
View all 'ADHD/ADD' articles.