Question: My child has a Central Processing Disorder

Hello, I have a 12 yr old daughter that has been diagnosed with a Central Processing Disorder and she's going to the 6 grade and I am very concern about how she well she will adapt academically, Also, they are trying hard to place in special ed. Please help!


Advice from Schoolfamily

LiviaMcCoy writes:
A central processing disorder can present very few problems or a lot of problems for children in school. It all depends the depth of the problem, the school setting she is in and how aware the teachers are of how to help her. I agree with Lisa. I would definitely ask for a meeting with the school psychologist or director of special education services. Working together for the benefit of your daughter is the best way to go.
  • Did you find this answer useful?


Answer this question:


Do you allow your children to watch TV or play on the computer before doing their homework?

Yes - 31.6%
Sometimes - 25.4%
No - 37.4%

Total votes: 4919
The voting for this poll has ended on: June 25, 2016