No one told me teenage girls are so messy! (And stinky?)
My oldest daughter is downright disgusting when it comes to her room and her laundry, and I’m scared to look under her bed. Her little sister (poor thing shares a room with the hoarding/moping/older girl monster), however, is a neat freak and the two DO NOT a happy shared-bedroom sisterhood make!! (The photo shown is an actual picture of my daughters’ shared bedroom. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.)
Movies and sitcoms make it clear that teenage boys are the stinky ones, not girls, and so I was led to believe that:
Well, I beg to differ.
Girls stink. Sorry, there’s no easy way to share this with you. The teen thing sets in STRONG by 14 years old and a mom can nag and whine, but no matter how many showers—and despite industrial strength deodorant—there is still a just-woke-up, morning girl smell that could knock over a hippo.
I once heard a child psychology expert talking about teens and bedrooms. He said you really have to think about their rooms like hotel rooms. When you’re on vacation you aren’t there for the hotel room; instead, you’re all about the stuff to do in the city you’re visiting. And it’s like that for teens. Their bedroom often is simply a stopover and a refueling place for the next “thing.”
My teen lately spends more time at school and at play practice than at home (including sleeping). And since she has nowhere near enough time to do that plus her chores and her schoolwork, and spend time with the family—which is more important to me right now than a super clean room—I’m trying to let it go.
A lot of that will change, however, when her high school musical is over (they’re staging a production of “Anything Goes!”) We’ll get her back in all her smells-like-teen-spirit glory in a month, after the play!
So which is it, SchoolFamily.com readers? Do girls win the "Teen Disgusting Bedroom Award" or is it boys who have a corner on the reeking stench market?
Peer Pressure / School Cliques
If it bothers you there are a few things you can do, saying "tidy" or "clean" does not work but being specific and consistent.
1) Go out a buy a bin, laundry basket (not the one in the bathroom, an individual one for the bedroom, trust me)
2) Tell the children all dirty clothes must go in the basket. Don't let them eat dinner each night till this is done.
Second put a bin in there room, it will reduce the amount of trash in the room.
Lastly, make a clear rule no food in the bedrooms. Aside from this you are best accepting it as a rite of passage.
I have 3 things to say to you, Sir:
1. You shouldn't be talking about your stepdaughter-to -be like that. If your fiancee saw that, most likely you'd be out on your tush.
2. Even if she didn't help you, be a man. Stand up to her, saying, "Remember when I had back surgery, and how you didn't help me? There was once a little SIX YEAR OLD who helped her mom when she had major surgery. Without complaint, and cheerfully. Don't you think it would be nice if you helped around the house and cleaned your room?"
3. If your stepdaughter-to -be doesn't clean up her room in5 days, take away everything from her: boyfriend, friends, t.v., iPod, iPad, phone and limit her to these: 8 jeans, 8 shirts, 10 panties, 7 pairs socks, 2 pairs shoes.
It;s like watching a dog "owner" being pulled along by an overly-powerful , untrained mutt.
To thos who dream of kids...don;t bother, they're more trouble than they're worth.
I am still at my age (17) an un-documented wroker meaning no green-card yet.
So I found this family promising to help me become US citizen, I have been working for them almost a year.
A friend told me about this postings here because I am STILL just a underpaid maid & have to put-up with so much. So as, TWIN teen sisters (15) who ARE as dirty and messy and uncaring as all I have read here.
They have frfiends over and laugh as I pick up their stinky laundry and so many other things after them.
To me this is no joke. This is SPOILED mean teen girls and if this is have i have to get my S citizen ok but I cannot take it much longer ok? AND other things I cannot talk about here like when they have their parties and drink their beer and all of that, and thank-you for hearing this, D