My daughter started kindergarten approximately 2 weeks ago. The first 3-4 days she seemed to be very happy and really looked forward to going to school. On the 5th day, she came home crying and begging us not to make her go back because a little boy 'cried alot' in class. Since that day, it has been a struggle to get her to go to school. Her teacher thinks this is simply a case of separation anxiety, but I am not so sure. She attended preschool for 2 years (3 hours a day) and truly loved it. Any suggestions or advice? How long does separation anxiety typically last?
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- Homework: Why It Matters
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- 4th Grade Social Changes: What To Expect