My son is essentially failing this 2nd quarter of 8th grade. He's a smart kid, though, TAG, even. They skipped him ahead a grade when he started 1st grade. But he's only 12; just turned 12, in fact. So I'm wondering whether his very late birthday and the fact that he's already younger than all his peers could be a major factor in why he's forgetting to turn in assignments, turning them in late, etc. His test scores are up and down, too: 90% one week, 45% the next. We're pulling our hair out--and pulling him from the basketball team (although these issues existed pre-hoops) in order to try and salvage his 8th grade experience. We are strongly considering re-classifying him in 8th grade again next year, if we can get him into a private school that's K-12.
Top Ten Articles
- End Homework Hassles
- Top 20 Destinations for Learning
- Kindergarten Academics: What To Expect
- 1st Grade Social Changes: What To Expect
- A Dad Who Makes a Difference
- One Last Dance With My Daughter
- Help Your Child Build Writing Skills
- Homework: Why It Matters
- "It’s Worth Every Minute"
- 4th Grade Social Changes: What To Expect